FDA/HHS - National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Division of Veterinary Services,
Scheduled hours may vary dependent upon contract requirements
The Training Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of training programs. Must maintain, update and create training materials. Works with supervisors and managers to ensure the animal care staff receive required/needed training.
Responsible for the development and implementation of training programs.
Prepare training schedules for animal care personnel.
Record and compile training data for animal care personnel.
Identifies training and development needs of animal care staff.
Works with the Behaviorist and Clinical Veterinarian to develop, train, and implement a positive reinforcement training program for the nonhuman primate area.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Occasionally – Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling
Often – Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing
Lifting/Moving Requirements – Minimum of 50 pounds
Work is performed mainly indoors in a laboratory environment and/or in an animal care, barrier
facility, surgical or test procedure facility, diet/water prep facility, or animal housing/bedding cleaning and prep areas. Work may require use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in both areas. Work area may be prone to hot and humid conditions, and subject to objectionable odors, aerosols, dust, animal dander, and noise.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Employability in the U.S. and pre-employment drug screen required.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to:
EMAIL: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
MAIL: The Bionetics Corporation, 101 Production Drive, Suite 100, Yorktown, VA 23693, Attn: S. Hayes
1. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Training and/or experience as a veterinary technician is preferred.
3. Certification from the American Association of Laboratory Science (AALAS) at the Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) or higher is highly desirable.
4. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop and standardize a training program for technical procedures. Must have the technical skills to demonstrate, provide training on, and assess proficiency in the protocol required technical procedures.
5. Continue training to maintain and expand knowledge in techniques used at NCTR in accordance with customer needs/requirements.
6. Possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
7. Must have knowledge of laboratory animal technician duties and training.
8. Must possess excellent knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations governing Animal Care/Diet Preparation facilities.
9. Good knowledge of both spoken and written English.
10. Must be a legal resident of the United States.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Jefferson. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Website : http://www.bionetics.com